Tera is a licensed psychologist and AASECT Certified Sex Therapist. She has a wide range of experiences working with a variety of mental health and substance use concerns. She has also received advanced training in working with a broad range of sexual health and gender concerns, including the completion of a two-year postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Minnesota's Program in Human Sexuality.
Tera has experience working with adults and adolescents in individual, couple, family, and group therapy contexts. Her goal as a therapist is to aid clients in confronting fears, developing self-acceptance, creating and maintaining meaningful relationships, and finding strategies for living an authentic life.
Tera’s areas of interest include:
- Gender Dysphoria and Transition
- Couples' Intimacy and Relational Concerns
- LGBTQIA Sexual Health & Satisfaction
- Sexual Orientation Concerns
- Sexual Compulsivity (i.e., Sex Addiction)
- Sexual Behavior Concerns for Adolescents
- Sexual Behavior Concerns & Needs for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities
- Sexual Victimization/Abuse
- Low Desire
- Sexual Pain
- Orgasmic Concerns
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Delayed, Inhibited, & Premature Ejaculation
- Sexual Offending
- Sex After Children
- Sex After Major Medical Concerns
- Kink & BDSM
- Polyamory, Consensual Non-Monogamy & Alternative Relationship Structures
- Sexual Health & Sobriety
- Sexual Health & HIV or AIDS
Tera received a B.A. in Theatre Arts Performance from the University of Minnesota before receiving an M.A. in Counseling Psychology at the University of St. Thomas in 2011 and a Doctoral degree at the University of St. Thomas in Counseling Psychology 2015.
Tera can be reached at 651-379-5157 x 065.
Tera is a provider for: Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Blue Plus, BHP, HealthPartners, HealthPartners PMAP, Cigna, Medicaid, PreferredOne, Medica PMAP, UBH/UBC/Medica, and UCare. Please inquire at 651-379-5157, option 1, if you don’t see an insurance plan listed for this provider.