Catherine is a Licensed Psychologist and a registered health services psychologist. She has a doctoral degree in Counseling Psychology and is a licensed professional clinical counselor. She has over 25 years of experience providing therapeutic services to children and families in community and clinic settings. She uses both developmental and attachment perspectives when working with children and families. Catherine believes parents and caregivers know their children best and are the most important people for fostering healthy growth and development; therefore, she believes in partnering with caregivers throughout the therapeutic process.
Catherine’s areas of specialty include:
- Psychological testing and assessments for children ages birth to ten
- Clinical work with children, from newborns to ten-year-olds, and their families
- Multi-family therapy groups for children, from newborns to six-year-olds, and their families
- Children and families who have experienced trauma and loss
- Children experiencing anxiety disorders including: separation anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, and generalized anxiety disorder
- Parenting interventions and support
- Children who are exhibiting ADHD or oppositional behaviors
- Families with histories of chemical dependency
- Pregnant and postpartum women with histories of chemical dependency or mental health conditions
Education, Certifications, Trainings, & Professional Activities
Catherine received her doctorate degree from the University of St. Thomas in 2015, and her master's degree in counseling psychology from Northeastern University in Boston, MA, in 1994. Catherine joined Natalis Counseling and Psychology Solutions as a psychological trainee during the second year of her doctoral program in counseling psychology at the University of St. Thomas.
Catherine is certified in the following evidence based treatements: Attachment Bio-behavioral Catchup (ABC) for children six months to four years old and their families; Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) for children ages three to seven with anxiety, ADHD, and oppositional behaviorals; and Child Parent Psychotherapy (CPP) for children ages birth to seven with trauma histories.
Catherine is trained with the following evidenced-based treatments: Exposure Response Prevention - evidence based for OCD/Separation Disorder; Trauma Focused Cognitive Beavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) - evidence based for children ages six to 18 with trauma histories; and Circles of Security Parenting Group - a therapy group for parents with young children.
Catherine has written several publications related to providing therapeutic interventions in systems where families access care. She has also co-authored two book chapters on providing Filial Therapy to families of young children in Head Start, the nation’s leading comprehensive early childhood development program. Filial Therapy is a type of family therapy where parents learn and practice non-directive play techniques and limit-setting with their children.
Catherine can be reached at 651-379-5157 x 973.
Catherine is a provider for: Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Blue Plus, BHP, HealthPartners, HealthPartners PMAP, Cigna, Medicaid, PreferredOne, Medica PMAP, and UCare.
Please inquire at 651-379-5157, option 1, if you don’t see an insurance plan listed for this provider.