Licensed Psychologist, Sex and Gender Therapist
Dr. Kovic is a licensed psychologist with specialties in sexual health and gender concerns, as well as, forensic psychology. He has completed his training as an AASECT Certified Sex Therapist and is currently in the certification application process. His clinical practice includes consultation (mental/behavioral health, family practice medicine, legal/court/criminal justice), therapy (individual, couples, family, and group), and psychological assessment (general assessment, gender surgery letters of support, forensic assessment, and psychosexual evaluations).
Dr. Kovic’s areas of interest include:
- Addictive, Impulsive/Compulsive, or Out of Control Sexual Behavior
- ADHD and Learning Disorder Assessment
- Couples’ Intimacy and Relational Concerns
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Delayed, Inhibited, & Premature Ejaculation
- Emotion-Focused Therapy
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Feminist Theory and Psychotherapy
- Forensic Assessments (competency, responsibility, risk)
- Gender Dysphoria and Transition
- Kink and BDSM
- LGBQ Health & Satisfaction
- Low Sexual Desire
- Orgasmic Concerns
- Polyamory, Consensual Non-Monogamy & Alternative Relationship Structures
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (ego psychology, object relations, self psychology, intersubjective, and relational)
- Psychosexual Evaluation
- Sexual Behavior Concerns in Adolescents
- Sexual Desire Discrepancy in Relationships
- Sexual Health & HIV or AIDs
- Sexual Health & Sobriety
- Sexual Offending
- Sexual Pain
- Survivors of Sexual Victimization/Abuse and Reclaiming Sexuality
- Transgender and Gender Diverse Health & Satisfaction
Education & Professional Activities:
Dr. Kovic is a licensed psychologist in Minnesota.
Dr. Kovic is an active member of American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT), Association for the Treatment of Sex Abusers (ATSA), and the Minnesota Psychoanalytic Society and Institute (MPSI). His work has been presented American Psychological Association (APA), World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH), United States Professional Association for Transgender Health (USPATH), the National Transgender Health Summit, the Center on Halstead Annual LGBT Conference. His work has been published in Journal of Sex Addiction & Compulsivity, The International Encyclopedia of Human Sexuality, The Encyclopedia of Sex and Sexuality, and a book chapter recently accepted for Compulsive Sexual Behavior Disorder.
Dr. Kovic received a B.A. in Criminal Justice from Hamline University, before receiving an MA in Forensic Psychology from Argosy University in 2011, and a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology degree in 2017 from the Minnesota School of Professional Psychology. He completed an APA accredited pre-doctoral internship at Napa State Hospital and a post-doctoral fellowship at the University of Minnesota Medical School - Program in Human Sexuality.
Dr. Kovic can be reached by contacting our clinic at (651) 379-5157.
Please call the office main line for a list of accepted insurance policies.