Kunga is a Post-Doctoral Psychology Resident at Natalis Counseling & Psychology Solutions.
She completed her APA accredited pre-doctoral internship at North Memorial Health and the Interprofessional Center for Counseling & Legal Services at the University of St. Thomas. Kunga has previous experience working with adolescents and adults in hospital and community mental health settings. Kunga believes each client is a unique individual with a unique story to share. She uses a compassionate, kind, and gentle approach to identifying and understanding her clients’ underlying challenges. Kunga is grateful to be a part of her clients’ healing journey.
Kunga draws strength from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Relational Cultural Therapy (RCT), Multicultural Therapy, Mind-Body Medicine, and Buddhist philosophy
Kunga’s Areas of Interest Include:
- Individual and Group Therapy
- Psychological Testing (Personality and Cognitive)
- Stress Management and Mindfulness
- Depression and Anxiety Disorders
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Physical and Sexual Abuse
- Anger Management
- Adjustment Disorder
- First-Generation Struggles (Identity Development, Family and Cultural Expectations)
- Brief and Long-term Therapy
- Historical Trauma and Impact of Oppression
- Therapy related to specific populations: Immigrant and refugee, African American, Native American, Latino, and Asian American
Educational Background and Professional Activities:
Kunga earned a Bachelor's in Social Work from St. Catherine University, and a Master’s in Social Work and a Doctorate Degree in Counseling Psychology from the University of St. Thomas.
Kunga is passionate about community service and eliminating mental health stigma and shame in ethnic minority communities through education and awareness. She is a member of Asian American Psychological Association (AAPA), and Minnesota Psychological Association (MPA). In her free time, she enjoys hiking and photography.
Kunga can be reached by calling the Natalis office at 651-379-5157. Kunga is a provider for: Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Blue Plus, HealthPartners, HealthPartners PMAP, Cigna, Medicaid, Medica PMAP, PreferredOne, and UCare.
Please inquire at 651-379-5157, option 1, if you don’t see an insurance plan listed for this provider.