Kunga is a Post-Doctoral Psychology Resident at Natalis Counseling & Psychology Solutions.
She completed her APA accredited pre-doctoral internship at North Memorial Health and the Interprofessional Center for Counseling & Legal Services at the University of St. Thomas. Kunga has previous experience working with adolescents and adults in hospital and community mental health settings. Kunga believes each client is a unique individual with a unique story to share. She uses a compassionate, kind, and gentle approach to identifying and understanding her clients’ underlying challenges. Kunga is grateful to be a part of her clients’ healing journey.
Kunga draws strength from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Relational Cultural Therapy (RCT), Multicultural Therapy, Mind-Body Medicine, and Buddhist philosophy
Kunga’s Areas of Interest Include:
- Individual and Group Therapy
- Psychological Testing (Personality and Cognitive)
- Stress Management and Mindfulness
- Depression and Anxiety Disorders
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Physical and Sexual Abuse
- Anger Management
- Adjustment Disorder
- First-generation Struggles
- Brief and Long-term Therapy
- Therapy related to specific populations: Immigrant and refugee, African American, Native American, Latino, and Asian American
- Historical Trauma and Impact of Oppression
Educational Background and Professional Activities:
Kunga earned a Bachelor's in Social Work from St. Catherine University, and a Master’s in Social Work, and a Doctorate Degree in Counseling Psychology from the University of St. Thomas.
Kunga is an active member of the MN Tibetan community. She serves as a board member of the Tibetan Nurses Association-MN chapter where she engages in community outreach work to improve the health, mental health, and well-being of her community. She is also a member of APA Division 45, AAPA, and MPA.
Kunga can be reached by calling the Natalis office at 651-379-5157. Please call the office main line for a list of accepted insurance policies.